Monday, May 14, 2012

It's A Celebration, Bitches!


Today is my birthday. That's right, May 14th is my birthday.

May 14th, 1975 to be exact.

And, while I won't we taking advantage of my local chain restaurant's button-filled vested clapping birthday chorus line, I will be taking advantage of the reflective pause birthday's offer.

Birthday's gift us with an opportunity to reflect on the past year, give thanks for the good -- hopefully remember what we learned from the bad, of course -- set benchmarks for future ones and reminisce the unavoidable moments that have shaped who we are at whatever age we're currently at.

A quick consult with Captain Math tells me I've reached 37 this year. A number, by the way, that is very surprising to me. But the surprise has less to do with my past near-death experience and more to do with the fact that I'm kind of an asshole yet no one has choked the life out of me.

(And by "kind of" I mean "definitively.")

So I guess I have that going for me.

Happy Birthday to me.


facebook twitter

No comments: