Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Quick Thinking: Blue Demon Hunter


I spent my formidable years, specifically grades 1 thru 8, tucked away in the booming metropolis of Central Falls attending Holy Trinity School.

The city had more cash back then.

What we also had was a CYO basketball team called the Holy Trinity Blue Demons. That's right, baby. The Blue Demons.
We even had yellow t-shirts with the little blue dude on the front. Think Duke's Blue Devils. (pictured below)

Photobucket

But without the dumb ass C-target. (pictured above)

The problem is simple: very few people seem to remember my childhood CYO team's mascot. Even worse still, there seems to be zero proof that the little demon even existed.

And that's where you come in, dear readers.

I'm offering a bounty to any of my Holy Trinity alums who have proof that we were, in fact, the Blue Demons.

If you have a picture of someone wearing the t-shirt I speak of, I'll reward you with 100 bucks. But, if you have an intact version of the t-shirt stashed away in your parents basement that you can give me, I'll had over 250 buck-a-roos.

No joke.

The rules are simple pretty simple, folks. First come, first rewarded.

Let the games begin.

------------------
Quick Thinking
------------------

-- Reason # 1,459,340,209 this Country has
Been Downgraded to AA Status: A petition has been started by one Lair Scott urging support for Bert & Ernie to marry.

Photobucket

-- True story.


-- I'm sorry you got beat as a kid and all, Lair, but how can you think there's a valuable message of tolerance in two Sesame Street characters, who only exist when they have some person's hand up their ass, exchanging vows?

-- Let's not over complicate things, y'all. Bert & Ernie are fucking puppets with poor fashion sense who sing songs about rubber duckies and teach kids how to count. Not advocates for educating kids about alternative lifestyles.

-- That's what parents are for.

-- I love everything Mr. Kraft has done for Patriot Nation and for football but, seriously, why does he always sound like the local drunk during interviews?

-- Speaking of football, isn't the preseason like your favorite booty call? You miss her terribly when she's not around but you don't really pay attention to her when she is.

-- I recently read it takes the average user a mere 3.5 seconds to decide the value of a newly visited web site.

-- Makes you wonder if the "Internet" is contributing to our nation's continued ADD epidemic.

-- And, as my boy K.!.D. points out, that's barely enough time to ejaculate.

-- Unless, of course, you're giving the cheerleading captain a thorough lollipop pants search following an away game back in 1990.

-- Don't judge me. I was nervous.

-- Plus she was really hot.

facebook twitter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you ever find your blue demon? I remember the mascot as well. Unfortunately, I do not have any memorabilia of the mascot (didn't participate in the cheer squad which was all there was for girls at the time, that was our "sports").
Anyways, I can put the word out to my old Alums and see if anyone still has their old stuff for ya.
Good luck!!