Thursday, November 25, 2010

Quick Thanking: Gobble, Gobble, Bitches.


America's favorite Hangover Holiday provides the perfect opportunity for starting an annual practice of paying respect to some of the sights, sounds and events that, up to this point, have directly or indirectly shaped yours truly as a person and, in most cases, the psyche-molding magic was achieved unbeknownst even to those providing it.

Let us give thanks.

--------------------
Quick Thanking

--------------------


-- I'm thankful my Super Bowl kicker's name was Adam Vinatieri and not Scott Norwood.

-- Or Ray Finkle.

-- I'm thankful the judicial system is as imperfect as I am.

-- I'm thankful my nephews realize love is measured by interaction and not purchased gifts.

-- I'm thankful the Joyce Brothers Grimm have atoned for childhood wrongs by providing two sets of children who have kept hope alive in my heart since the day they were born.

-- I think Fencepost Roboto will provide more of the same.

-- Times a million.

-- I'm thankful my gut instinct is right most of the time.

-- I'm also thankful its wrong on occasion.

-- I'm thankful my journey is like no other I've ever heard off.

-- I'm thankful I can "go deep" better than Brett Favre ever will.

-- I'm thankful it wasn't 3 degrees colder the night of January 9th, 2004.

-- Or 3 degrees warmer, for that matter.

-- I'm pretty pumped I wasn't driving my Xterra that night as well.

-- I'm thankful my polarizing personality lets me know where I stand with people at all times.

-- Helps keeps me relaxed.

-- Doesn't do shit for my persistent pit stains, though.

-- I'm thankful my hometown is Central Falls, R.I.

-- Or, rather, The City of Dreams. (It's lesser known moniker.)

-- Based on the current governing body, corruption, cocaine and indictments should be in there somewhere.

-- I'm thankful Victoria has a secret.

-- Especially her "push up" ones.

-- I'm thankful the Zombie Renaissance is happening all around me.

-- I'm also thankful my stellar crossbow skills will keep me safe when the Renaissance evolves into the Apocalypse.

-- I'm thankful The Foundation allows me to be, well, me.

-- I'm thankful the demons in my closet don't visit as much.

-- I do miss "TJ" at times, though.

-- I'm thankful kdb was unapproachable.

-- I'm thankful Common's The Light provided me a musical personification of what love needs to be.

-- I'm thankful the Red Sox won a World Series Championship during my lifetime.

-- And then did it again.

-- I'm thankful v2.0 has challenged my views and sharpened my wits.

-- He also provided THE blueprint for behaviors I need to keep an eye out for when v3.0 arrives.

-- I'm thankful for every girl who broke my heart.

[Editor's Note: The resulting "rebounds" may not share that sentiment.]

-- I'm thankful for musical interludes.

-- If the second verse doesn't give you goosebumps on your goosebumps be sure to check your pulse.

-- I'm thankful the Team Chickenhawk triumvirate -- Yoda, Grandma JoJo & The Illegal Rudder -- took me under their collective wings in '99 and provided support as I discovered independence during my NYC years.

-- I'm thankful "potential" is eternal.

-- Reflection is, too.

-- I'm thankful I've seen 2 different versions of "The Big Three."

-- I'm thankful Shannon protected my youth, Saydie stood post after college and Umi shines her light today.

-- I'm thankful the sins of my father passed along to me.

-- And, now identified, I won't allow my son to be victimized by them.

-- I'm thankful I know what it feels like to dunk a basketball.

-- I'm also thankful I made it through my "career" avoiding being dunk'd on. Had a few in-game scuffles, flagrant fouls and post-game confrontations to keep that streak alive.

-- You know what they say about making an omelet...

-- I'm thankful Big Nick provides a moral standard I'll never obtain.

-- Doesn't mean I can't keep trying.

-- I'm thankful this blog has provided the voice I need to make sense of it all.

-- I'm thankful you take a little time out of your day to read sportsandthoughts.com.

-- Yes, you.

No comments: