Friday, November 19, 2010

Quick Thinking: Character Flaws


True character is displayed during the valleys - not the peaks - of life, dear readers. So, while I'm dusting myself off for the umteenth time, my focus will be on things I live for.

And writing this blog is one of those things.

------------------
Quick Thinking
------------------

-- The Boston Celtics will run away with the Eastern Conference Title this year.

-- Then roll over Los Angeles in 5 for the franchises' 18th championship.

-- When I eventually have children, I've decided I want to "cut the cord" with the follow caveat: I get to use those big novelty scissors politicians use when a new, upscale hotel is opened in the heart of their city.

-- Hope I make it through hospital security with 'em.

-- Michael Vick's reclamation project is officially complete.

-- Congratulations on debunking all those relationship stereotypes swirling around professional athletes, Mr. Parker. You've squandered the love of a beautiful woman in addition to the privilege that comes along with it.

-- But, on the bright side, at least you'll make Tiger's Christmas card list this year.

-- So you have that going for you...

-- The over/under in the Cowboys/Lions game is wearing the Cement Shoes this weekend.

-- If they don't, I'll be wearing a pair at the bottom of the Blackstone River by Monday morning.

-- I don't remember dating a girl name Karma. But, based on how much the bitch hates me, I must have.

-- She should have realized I wasn't a keeper.

-- Quote of the Week goes to my favorite co-worker who made the following observation while having a post work libation, "Terrence, that girl is special...well, for a Hooters' girl."

-- They're all special, mate.

-- They're all cukin' frazy, too.

-- Beyonce's new commercial supports the age old marketing adage that sex does, in fact, sell.

-- There's no truth to the rumor an assistant falling to his death from a video taping tower is a microcosm of Notre Dame's football program during the post Lou Holtz era.

-- Too soon?

-- Does remembering when microwave popcorn was invented make me old?

-- Really?

--
Next thing you know you'll be telling me eating that same bag of popcorn near the local grade school during recess makes me creepy.

-- Useless Information Award of the Week goes to the New England Patriots for having a player named Zoltan.

-- Don't mess with him.


-- -- Remember, y'all, if you've ever enjoyed a laugh while reading and you have a facebook account, PLEASE CLICK HERE to become a fan.

-- Big ups to Kansas State University professor Mark Haub for changing the perception of my love for Twinkies from a "guilty pleasure" to a "healthy diet option."

-- Emmy Rossum, following in the footsteps of Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox, is the latest starlet to fall for Adam Duritz.

-- This is Ms. Rossum.

Photobucket

-- And this is Mr. Duritz.

Photobucket

-- If his pimp prowess continues, Adam will overtake Justin Timberlake atop my "man crush" list.

-- As well as Wilt Chamberlain.


No comments: