Monday, May 10, 2010

The Home (Base) Stretch


As some of you already know, I'm participating in the Run To Home Base on Sunday, May 23rd. The race is a 5.6 mile run through Boston finishing at home plate in Fenway Park.

Each registrant is required to raise $1000 before May 16th to donate to Massachusetts General's Home Base Program. A program, by the way, that has personal significance and is committed to serving the needs of veterans with combat stress disorders and/or traumatic brain injury.


This is only time I've ever used this forum to ask for your help, dear readers. (And, to be honest, I still don't feel very comfortable doing it.)

I know funds are tight for everyone right now but if you're a regular reader and I've made you giggle -- even once -- please consider helping me reach my $1000 goal.

According to my incorrect status page, I currently stand at $625. (The reason it's wrong is because I sent a check totaling $215 made up of all the cash donations I received. So I'm really at $840.)

That leaves me $160 short, dear readers. $160. I need $160 by May 16th.

DONATION INFO:

I'd like to offer some much deserved gratitude to all those who have already donated: "Thank You!" Without you I wouldn't be so close.

But I'd also like to ask all of my readers who haven't donated
, while typing on my knees, to ponder clicking on the link below and throwing 10 bucks my way to help me reach this goal instead of buying me a few beers next time you see me.

If you'd like to help CLICK HERE.

Or you can copy and paste the following link into your browser:
www.runtohomebase.org/runtohomebase/TerrenceJoyce


Our future hangovers will be thankful, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The magic number is down to $140!

Anonymous said...

$120 and counting...

Anonymous said...

We did it!

$1034.

Big ups to all those that helped!