Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Quick Thinking: Twilight Princesses


I'm a little worried about all the adult women clambering to see the new Twilight movie. And it's not because I'm jealous of Edward or Jacob or anything: they get to be movie stars, I get to go on the big boy rides in amusement parks.

C'est la vie.

What worries me is the obsession these "Twilight Moms" have for characters and story lines constructed with their daughters in mind. I mean, I know the Sex and the City movie train hasn't left the station in a while, but is a movie targeted at teenagers really the most appropriate option to fill the void?

Really?

------------------
Quick Thinking
------------------

-- Hey, ESPN, please stop force feeding your viewers NASCAR coverage.

-- Seriously. Stop.

-- Any activity big city drivers perform on a daily basis shouldn't be considered a sport.

-- Actually, now that I think of it, assigning a sponsor and number, along with the obligatory unsightly paint job,
on each car in Boston during rush hour would be more watchable than NASCAR.

-- Not to mention those piss poor godaddy.com commercials that accompany each telecast.

-- If a professional hockey team wins 9 games in-a-row and no one is watching did it really happen?

-- I'm learning whenever my Idaho roots are brought up in conversation someone will invariably say, "I da ho? No. YOU da ho!"

-- I get it, though. Seeing a group of cows garners a similar "Moo!" reflex from me.

-- Unless said cows are chasing me with pole axes, of course.

-- I think too much has been made of Gronkowski's head first tumble on MNF against the Chiefs last night.

-- Homeboy lives in a perpetual concussed state anyway.

-- E's Chelsea Lately should be renamed The Comic Graveyard.

-- The term "horseplay" is only acceptable when talking about the interactions between consenting adults.

-- And for those who participate in equestrian sports.

-- Giddy up!

facebook twitter

No comments: