Friday, November 4, 2011

Quick Thinking: Gone 'Til November


I'm starting to learn that, in life, being considered AN option is more preferable than being considered THE option. Hear me out, dear readers. I'm not making the preceding statement because of some displaced fear of failure I carry with me.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

I'm making the statement to try and help. Really. I'm trying to help and impart a little wisdom on those who might think being someone's "everything" is the "only thing." I'm trying to help because the hard truth is this: those who make you THE option in their lives are doing so to fill some personal void created by their own failures, fears & insecurities. And those kind of voids can't be filled.


Ever.

Except in the world of sports, of course.

-------------------
Quick Thinking
-------------------

--
The life wisdom imparted on movie fans who listen by Hannibal Lecter in The Silence of the Lambs cannot be overstated.

-- Neither can his fashion sensibilities.

-- It appears Julian Edelman attended a few classes at Ben Roethlisberger's Charm School during his trip to Pittsburgh last weekend.

-- I wonder if the alleged "incident" was one of his homework assignments.

-- The thing is, Jules, if you were that aggressive on your professional field of play maybe you'd see more minutes.

-- The off-season has just started and I'm already sick of hearing about Tito & Theo's post Sox Nation lives.

-- Tom Brady's window is starting to close.

-- And I feel like Bill Belichick is the one closing it.

-- The recent allegations against Bieber provide further proof that the rules governing acceptable social behavior are incredibly gender specific.

-- They also highlight how "crazy" has become this Nation's currency.

-- And we're all part of the 1%, y'all.

-- Let's try a little Occupy Normalcy, shall we?

facebook twitter

No comments: