Monday, May 2, 2011

Quick Thinking: For Your Sorrows


As we all know, dear readers, I use my daily experiences as blog fodder. And, because I spend so much of my time at work, it would only make sense interactions with co-workers influence the majority of my daily life and, ultimately, any resulting written word.

With that said, I'd like to take my jester hat off for a second and give a shout out to my two colleagues (now former colleagues, actually) who broke under the rigors of a hostile work environment and unapologetically resigned this past weekend.

Consider this blog my symbolic "pour a little out on the sidewalk for my fallen homies" moment. Actually, consider it my "pour the whole thing out" moment.

Because King Cobra sucks.

------------------
Quick Thinking

------------------


-- You know the basketball landscape has changed, y'all, when historic powerhouses like the Grizzles and Thunder are battling for supremacy out West.

-- Regardless of its progression, though, playoff basketball is still the best ticket in town right now.

-- Speaking of round ball, have you seen the newest installment of NBA TV's "Biggest Season Ever" promotions?

-- Reminds me of my NBA Jam TE days back in the 90's.

-- For the record, me and Big Nick were unstoppable playing with Chicago's duo of B.J. Armstrong and Dennis Rodman.

-- Just ask the fellas in Fennell & McDermott who were humbled night after night and supplied us with countless cases of Natty Light and handles of Captain during my college years.

-- HE'S ON FIRE!!

-- The ladies in McVinney Hall were humbled in a different way.

-- BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA!!

-- Unless it combats our dependency on foreign oil or decreases the unemployment rate, the reports of bin Ladin's death feel like much ado about nothing.

-- They also reek of political posturing.

-- Either way, I can't wait to unlock the secret level and kill his digital ass in the next installment of Call of Duty.


-- The Bruins scored a touchdown and held the Flyers to a field goal to take a 1-0 series lead in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Sweet, eh?

-- I know I'm mixing sports metaphors there, but referring to hockey as football is the only way I can make it interesting.

-- Or tolerable.

-- Memo to All You Ladies Out There: Glamour Shots is never a good gift idea

-- Ever.


-- Hey, Big Four, if you keep letting Miami's bench players goat you, it's gonna be a short series.

-- Here's a little advice: Start taking the game to them.

-- A little playoff trash talking never hurt anyone, either.

-- Telling LeBron the entire Celtics team will "take their talents back to Boston and run a train on DeLonte's girlfriend" is a good place to start.

-- Am I the only one confused by all these summer movie trailers on TV lately? I mean, I saw one the other day that said The Hangover Part II was being release on May 13th but could have sworn it was coming out on the 26th.

-- Wait, what? That's not The Hangover Part II with a bunch of women? It's a new movie called Bridesmaids?

-- Oh, my bad.

-- Wonder where Mr. Apatow drew his inspiration for that novel movie idea.

-- Good luck getting all that "date night" clientele, Judd, because, as we all know, guys don't want to watch women acting like guys.

-- Unless, of course, they take us home from a bar on Friday night.

-- HAY-OOO!

No comments: