Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Quick Thinking: Dollar Day


Each sports + thoughts blog I write offers me the relief of cathartic writing and, hopefully, makes a few of you laugh. (On rare occasions, dear readers, it may even make you think.)

But the ultimate goal of sports + thoughts is to help its author realize a dream of becoming a full-time writer for a newspaper or media outlet.


That said, I know more folks are reading my blog than are officially "following" me and I need to get my numbers up. But doing so via blogger.com is follower prohibitive.

Too many friggin' steps.

In order to combat that issue I've created a fan page on facebook. So, if you've ever enjoyed a laugh (or two) while reading a blog from sports + thoughts and you have a facebook account,
PLEASE CLICK HERE
to become a fan and help a wannabe writer attempt to manifest destiny.

Or, at the very least, manufacture it.

-------------------

Quick Thinking

-------------------


-- So long, 2010 Red Sox. We hardly knew ya.

-- Chelsea Baker's knuckle ball is the latest example that "throwing like a girl" isn't necessarily a bad thing.

-- Keep spinning 'em, Chelsea.

-- As is the case with most award shows, the ESPYs didn't live up to the marketing hype or the red carpet circus that preceded it.

-- Brooklyn Decker in her pink dress, on the other hand...

Photobucket

-- R.I.P. Emmanuelle Chriqui from atop my celebrity crush list.

-- Quote of the Week comes from my uncle, a soon-to-be-retired state worker, who quipped the following as we watched a few RI magistrates mingle with some very young ladies at a wedding we attended this weekend: "If you grab a camera and take a few pictures, we'll both be living off a state pension for the rest of our lives."

-- I was too busy making sure gin & tonic didn't fly out my nose to snap any photos.

-- Sage Advice of the Week comes from the Mighty Mos and goes out to Jacoby Ellsbury following his "Nu-uh" Press Conference last week: Don't talk about it. Be about it.

-- Peace.

-- Your toughness and desire to play are both in question, Jakey, and are officially "on the clock."

-- But, hey, at least the pink hats still think you're dreamy.

-- There's no truth to the rumor that Mel Gibson has landed the lead role in Cyrano de Bergerac on Broadway this winter.

-- On the bright side, Mel, you seem to be aging gracefully.

-- All joking aside, Mr. Gibson, it appears you've gotten your heart broken and money taken by a very attractive woman. Happens to the best of us.

-- Get over it.

-- And try counting to ten a few times.

-- Weddings are a bizarre social ritual.

-- So is a Maid of Honor speech that lasts 12 minutes.

-- Quote of the Week II comes from Gl!derman who, when asked the following question by yours truly via text: "My sister-in-law just sent me a friend request on facebook. Your thoughts?" responded, "Early signs of the Apocalypse."

-- 2012 is right around the corner. I guess it's time to start those Bucket Lists...

-- Benicio Del Torro's accent in The Wolfman shows how far he's come since playing Fenster in The Usual Suspects.

-- He'll flip you. Flip you for real.

-- On second thought, let's not be too hasty...

Photobucket


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was worried that another sign of the apocalypse was you favoring a buxom blonde in pink over a hot, quirky brunette. Alas, crisis averted.