Wednesday, July 15, 2009

News Bulletin: Fashion Police


I just saw a man wearing yellow pants.

Listen, guys, I know we're at a disadvantage in the fashion world. A woman's body is inherently FAR more attractive than our hairy frames could EVER be. (Although, I dated a Portuguese girl in the 8th grade and, when I rounded second, well, um.....YIKES.)

I KNOW that they have infinitely more options than we do when it comes to what to wear and how to wear it. Not only do they have more options they also have all that "Female Fashion Propaganda." I don't think it's an official organization or anything but, I know it exists, and it lays down the rules of fashion for women everywhere.

How do I know? Because everywhere I look -- magazines, the internet, E!, cable television, newspapers, etc. -- I see "EXPERT" advice for every woman on what to wear, how to wear it, when to wear it, what colors they should consider wearing for that particular season and, of course, WHERE TO BUY IT.

Just ask Stacy and Clinton.

It's really what propaganda is all about. You construct a specific message to create a desired response. In this case, the "message" is the trendy fashion and the "desired response" is to transform a "want" into a "purchase."

Consumerism at its finest!

[MENTAL APPETIZER: START]

Are men saturated with "sports propaganda" like women are buried with "fashion propaganda?"

Hmm.

I know things are changing a little bit with the birth of the metro-sexual but the simple fact remains: MOST MEN CARE ABOUT SPORT THE WAY MOST WOMEN CARE ABOUT FASHION.

I wonder if that's a product of genetic disposition or the byproduct of social influence?

[MENTAL APPETIZER: END]


Now, because men don't have the same focus on fashion that women do it allows us, as a gender, to wear questionable outfits without repercussion.

That needs to end.

Guys, I'm going to give a couple "NON-NEGOTIABLE" standards when it comes to fashion. If we expect so much of women and how they dress maybe we should hold ourselves to higher standards.

Hear me out.

I'm not coming down from the mountain top with The Ten Fashion Commandments. And I'm not trying to cripple the expression of the individual. I'm simply hoping to provide some guidelines that all men of any age group, class or culture can apply to their daily clothing habits.

I'll apologize in advance for the callous tone, fellas. Consider it a needed dose of tough love.

Here goes:

-- Unless you're some kind of villain with a handlebar mustache, you're not allowed to WEAR YELLOW PANTS. This one is important. I don't care if it's Memorial Day. I don't care if you're yachting. YOU CAN'T WEAR YELLOW PANTS. EVER.

-- Nothing makes a guy look more like an exchange student than wearing a SHORT SLEEVED DRESS SHIRT WITH A TIE. It didn't look good on Sypowitz. It's doesn't look good on you.

-- Hey, Granola Boy, DON'T WEAR SOCKS WITH SANDALS. I appreciate that you like to wear hemp, smoke pot and "float on." But spare me the socks with sandals look.

-- PLEASE DON'T WEAR JERSIES WITH OTHER MEN'S NAME ON THE BACK OF THEM. What's your last name? My guess is it's not Garnett, Brady or Jeter. How do I know? They're multi-million dollar athletes. You're a skinny white kid with a shirt on that's 5 times to big working at fucking Stop & Shop. It may look good on 50, but it looks stupid on you.

-- Under no circumstances can you wear SHANTS. Although, I appreciate the guessing game, "Are they shorts? Are they pants? Are they shorts? Are they pants?" I DON'T KNOW. Neither do you, so throw them away.

-- Why must you POP YOUR COLLAR? Unless you're an Elvis Impersonator, this is strictly a no-no. Thank you....thank you very much.

-- If Uncle Jessie can't pull off the t-shirt and suspenders look, neither can you. I mean, seriously. Do I even have to say it? C'mon. FUCKING SUSPENDERS WITH A T-SHIRT???

-- Guys, it's embarrassing. How could you ever imagine that black dress socks with shorts and white sneakers is a good casual look? You know why they're called "dress" socks, right? YES YOU DO. Don't play stupid with me. Go to your room and change.

-- Can someone please tell me how to stop the Seersucker Suit Revolution. If you're really that interested in wearing strips go do some time in a Turkish Prison.

-- Last I checked, you don't live in a little lamp. AND you don't have the ability to grant me 3 wishes. If you did, I could excuse the turban. But, under the circumstances...NO! NO. FUCKING. TURBANS. Derka, Derka, Derka.

Did I forget anything? Of COURSE I did. This list isn't comprehensive. It's simply a work in progress. And, as a work in progress, your thoughts and comments can help make it more complete, dear readers. Please include them below.

I know I don't have to sell my female readers on why they should offer suggestions. The benefits are obvious. As for my male demographic: Now is not the time to be selfish, gentlemen. If you have any suggestions please provide them at this time.

Either way, the above list is a starting point that men should attempt to follow regardless of the amount of class participation I receive.

Please try and follow it. Please? Please, Mr. Hairy Chest Wearing a V-Neck T-Shirt with Gold Chains...PLEASE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

71062.....42953

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,

Your cryptic message, while confusing to some, is coming in loud and clear.

Unfortunately, the answer to your first question is no. As for the second question, I don't mind addressing those rumors.

And, lastly, 59932.

Anonymous said...


Kenya of shortly of world cross-country tounament hoped to renew 2013 brilliant
World cross-country tounament will be in on March 24 2013 Poland kicks off than Degeshen, in former days Kenya of gold large family hopes to renew brilliant, ethiopia of new conquer old rival seeks hegemony.
The world is cross-country this year tounament is the 40th, before 39 Kenya teams carry off in all champion of individual of 26 men and womens, among them the most brilliant is 2010 complete slam showed than Degeshenshi in Poland. But in after this two world bright and beautiful are surpassed on, kenya team grade is average, be exceeded by team of strong opponent Ethiopia.
This Kenya team expedites the full lineup team that 24 new old players form, pedagogic institute and mountain range of high height above sea level undertook their in Aimubu Jijiali before contest by a definite date the assemble for training of a month. According to Kenya Angewenyi of spokesman of department of Tian Xie public relations introduces, whole group position is at present [url=http://www.newzfor.me/images/jqTransform/cheapnikejordans.aspx]cheap nike jordans[/url] very good, there is no lack of in them outstanding gifted young player.
Like woman of world blueness contest 1500 meters of champion cut general division and man 3000 meters of champion Kong Jipulutuo, they are in carried off for Kenya on Barcelona world cross-country tounament 2011 two gold, qiepuge has 17 years old only at that time. World blueness surpasses a woman Qiebeite is in winner of 5000 meters of bronze medal Kenya world wins second place on trials of bright and beautiful contest, she is very hopeful pound champion. In addition, man respect still has world blueness surpassed winner of 10 thousand meters of bronze medal 2012 Cha Linyang of Ge Jiluyi, horse and Jay Kelier, among them Machalinyang ever won championship 3 times for Kenya continuously. Additional, jiputuo was 2012 man of tounament of African track and field 5000 meters of champion, endiku was 2009 3000 meters of champion mix African youth man 2011 Dierbaige champion of 10 miles of tounament, they will play a man 12 kilometers match.
The bishop drills Luo Nuo says, "Kenya group has been done face the world most the strong opponent's preparation, at present whole group does not have the report of injury. " (Chinese sports signs up for Du Wenjie)