Friday, May 3, 2013

Found Without Translation


Music speaks to me.

Always has.

The greatest thing about music, like laughter, it has the inherent ability to cross all language barriers and, like beauty, is open to individual interpretation.

Take the following two songs for example:

Buena Vista Social Club - Chan Chan




Pharcyde - Jealousy



Completely different genres with completely different messages. And, while one was clearly influenced by the other in the form of a chorus sample, the stories each song tells are entirely unique.

Not many mediums can pull off that trick so smoothly, dear readers.

That's probably the reason why music and I have had such a successful relationship over the years: it always understands me and, more importantly, it never tells me what to do.


Unless I listen to it backwards, of course.

facebook twitter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apprеciatе thе rеcommendatiоn.
Let me try іt out.

Alѕo visit mу blog рost :: hcg diet injections for sale

Chad Sexington said...

How the heck are your comments getting spammed? Why is it called "spam"? I'll be honest, as a kid, one of my favorite sandwiches for a while was Spam with Miracle Whip. We were poor....lay off.

Anonymous said...

Hеllo, еverythіng is going fine here and ofcourѕе everу οne iѕ
sharing data, that's actually good, keep up writing.

My site: hcg blog