Friday, February 3, 2012

A Glitch in the Matrix?


Dear Coach,

Here we are again, Bill. And by "here" I mean in the Super Bowl facing the New York Football Giants.
In fact, the previous game's outcome on 2/3/2008 was the genesis for my splintered psyche creating a voice the world now knows as sports + thoughts. Ok, maybe not the world.

But a good half dozen people, anyway.


Listen, Bill, I'm not going to bore you with a sermon about how important this game is. It's evident. What I will do, however, is remind you of the gift you're receiving. That's right, Bill, a gift. The universe has given you a second chance to avenge a loss that transformed the promise of 19-0 and football immortality into an 18-1 asterisk accented punchline.

And no one in Patriot Nation was laughing.

Now I'm not saying a win on Sunday will change the past, Bill. It won't. (Unless you have a flux capacitor, of course.
) I'm simply saying that -- if you can find a way to win this game -- you won't have to change the past.

Because you'll have effectively put it to rest.

Good luck.

Terrence Joyce
Spokesman, Patriot Nation

facebook twitter

No comments: