Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quick Thinking: Learning Curved


I wasn't surprised when we lost to Buffalo.

Not even a little bit.

Photobucket

What did surprise me, however, was the WAY we lost. Championship teams don't blow 21 point leads. Period. Championship teams go up big and then they stay up big. That's what makes them champions.

Our New England Patriots are not a championship team.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Patriot Nation, but our great offense and less than mediocre defense means we'll be lucky to finish a few games above .500 this season. And by "less than mediocre" I mean "dead last in the league." 11-5 is a realistic expectation.

So is another first round playoff loss.

Don't say I didn't warn you come January.

#youhearditherefirst

--------------------
Quick Thinking
--------------------


-- Red Sox Nation has gone from the most popular kid in school to the pimple-faced girl who smells like cabbage sitting alone in the corner of the cafeteria.

-- And it only took 3 weeks.

-- I hear she has a great personality, though.

-- Ochocinco's Drop Heard 'Round the World™ is further proof that practice performance is the best indicator of game performance.

-- That's right, Allen. I'm talking about practice.

-- Our second half woes against Buffalo also tell you how important Hernandez is to the Patriots' winning offensive equation.

-- And I'm not even that good at math.

-- After an initial text saying, "I gotta tell you, my kids kill my sex life." was met by 20 minutes of silence on my end because I was nowhere near my phone, Big Nick earns Quote of the Week honors for his follow up text that read, "Sorry. Didn't mean to gross you out."

-- Funnier than any contrived, trying too hard drivel you see on textsfromlastnight.com.

-- I'm a fan of Mr. Holley and all but "The Big Show" is the worst sports radio program on air today.

-- And was well before his arrival.

-- Week 3 is in the books and we're still hitting the Over Line better than 60% of the time.

-- Ok. I lied. I'm actually pretty strong at math.

-- Still does me zero good without a bookie.

-- Big ups to Ben & Jerry's for finally supporting the veracity of a claim I regularly made in college that my junk does, in fact, taste like ice cream.

-- Yummy!

-- Speaking of Schweddy Balls, how 'bout this late September heat wave we've been having, huh? Where's the Gold Bond powder when you need it?!

-- Found it!

-- Ohhhhhhh, tingly.

facebook twitter

No comments: